I remember once upon a time when I was a little kid when the grass was always green, there was always an icecream truck coming around the corner and there was always a news section and an editorial section which made up roughly about 80/20 respectively. Unfortunately in todays society the ratio has become more and more decidedly turned around. Currently when you turn the channel to any of the major "News" networks you end up seeing a ratio of about 20/80; 80 of course being "Editorial". I don't know how others feel about this topic but of course most people I know are either stuck being the drone to their selected network, you have your CNN, MSNBC, and of course FOX drones. CNN and MSNBC don't like eachother but they hate FOX even more and well just the same FOX doesn't like them any more then they like FOX.
During the "Bush" years FOX for the most part backed Bush on his choices where as the rest of the networks bashed him for most of what he did. Now that we are in the Obama years FOX is bashing Obama for the most part and the other networks are backing him.
Heck here is one example.
Most recently Obama bowed to Saudi King Irks. (Yes it was a bow)
Left winged "News" agencies are backing Obama for this act and saying it was proper for him to do so.
Now stretch time back a few years and Bush was seen holding hands with Prince Abdullah. Now even today people look at that picture and speculate that he was doing this as a means to gain some sort of oil deal from the Saudis.
I have to admit there was something that happened recently that gave me a gigantic laugh, that was the act of upholding the Bush administration wiretapping policy by the Obama administration. This sent the right winged "Editorial" networks in a frenzy saying "Nah Nah Booboo we were right and you were wrong" of course that got a firm reply from the left winged "Editorial" networks of "ba ba but um".
Now don't get me wrong this act happens in both directions and quite honestly it is pretty disturbing.
I really want to know one thing I hope other people out there can answer for me. At what point did "News" agencies become "Editorial" agencies and what is it that made them believe that the American people are that damn stupid that they need others to tell them what their opinion and choice should be? Ok that was two things but you get the point.
If I wanted to listen to comedic relief of the news I would watch the Daily show with Jon Stewart or Colbert nation. Although I have not recently spent the time to watch Colbert I did watch the Daily Show the other day and well Jon really disappointed me. You see he is a comedian or well he is supposed to play one on tv atleast. I know that the overwhelming majority of Hollywood is left winged but I figured Jon would have stuck to being a comedian and treated Obama the same as he treated Bush but alas I was wrong he too is completly Left instead of neutral. Where are the neutral people or at least people that keep their politcal views out of the business that they are in. If you are a news reporter please stick to reporting the news and stay out of the editorials. If you are an Editorialist please find a new job we the people are smart enough to make our own opinions of the news we do not need your assistence.
Lastly I know that this started off with News/Editorials but I did tread onto the comedy market as well I do appologise for that but since I went there. Comics please for the love of god (or Alah or Shiva or whatever religious figure you worship) stick to being equal opportunity offenders.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment